Jump Start Program/ FSC Students/Alumni
Please read the instructions for receiving a personal trainer and requirements for the Fitness Assessment. Fill out the attached health history questionnaire. After the Fitness Coordinator has received the health history packet, you will be assigned to a personal trainer and be contacted to set up an initial assessment. Congratulations on taking the next step into wellness!
Health History Questionnaire Page 1
Health History Questionniare Page 2
The Department of Wellness and Recreation Programs
Congratulations on taking the first step to complete WELLNESS!
This program is designed specifically for you. Schedule an appointment with one of our Personal Trainers (PT) to setup a fitness assessment and consultation to discuss your health/fitness needs and goals.
The fitness assessment and consultation will last approximately one hour. Wellness and fitness assessments can serve several purposes for you in reaching a high level of well-being. Scores from these tests can be used to identify your strengths & weaknesses. This information can be used to design a fitness program to reach your goals and address the areas in your life that may need improvement. Periodic re-tests can gauge the degree to which you are accomplishing these goals. Whatever your reason may be, we are glad that you have chosen our program.
The fitness assessment will test the following areas:
● Height/Weight ● Resting Heart Rate
● Blood Pressure ● Movement Screen
● Body Composition ● Cardiovascular Fitness
● Muscular Endurance ● Muscular Strength
Following this assessment your PT will go over the results and answer any questions. A second session will then be scheduled to implement an exercise prescription designed specifically to meet your goals. Training sessions can be continued at the individual’s discretion. Periodic re-tests can also be scheduled to gauge the degree to which you are accomplishing the goals set (at least 6 weeks apart). It is recommended that you schedule pre and post test with the same personal trainer.
Our goal is to educate then motivate you to enhance personal responsibility for your health. Remember the first wealth is health.
Please complete the attached Health History Questionnaire and return it to the front desk at the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center. At this time, The fitness coordinator will assign you to a personal trainer. You will hear from your trainer within 24 hours. If you do not hear from a trainer within the time frame, please contact Abby Elias at Aelias@flsouthern.edu
If you fail to appear for a scheduled appointment, you will lose the right to continue in the program. In extenuating circumstances, your case will be referred to the HWC Fitness Coordinator for consideration.
Fitness Assessment/ Training Session Instruction Sheet:
The results to your Fitness Assessment and participation in training sessions can be affected by immediate sleeping, eating and exercise actions. The Jump Start program requires all participants to attend their scheduled appointments. These sessions are personalized to your needs. You will be given an exercise regime that caters to your weaknesses and builds on your strengths.
1. PLEASE arrive on time. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, you will need to contact your personal trainer at least 24 hrs prior to testing/session. If you do not call to cancel, you will forfeit your rights to be tested or continue in the Jump Start program.
• Wear athletic bottoms (athletic type of shorts/pants), T-shirt and rubber soled shoes for the Fitness Profile test
• Eat an adequate meal prior to the session/ test
• Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test
• Get an adequate amount of sleep (~ 8 hours) the night before the test
• Notify your personal trainer if you have recently been ill. The test may need to be rescheduled
3. DO NOT:
• Wear tights or a one piece top because they make it difficult to obtain accurate skin fold measurements
• Eat a large meal, or consume tobacco, alcohol and caffeine for 3 hours prior to the test
• Exercise or participate in vigorous physical exercise the day of the test. It is best if the Fitness Profile test is the first exercise you perform for the day
Please check below to state you have read and agree to be prepared properly for the Fitness assessment and all training sessions.
Yes I have read and understand the above text.
Do Not Fill This Out